PENTECOST DAY CELEBRATION
Pentecost Day Celebration is a celebration of the triumph of the Spirit of God above all spirits of evil. It is a time to promote the triumph of the good spirit of God above all spirits that have been unleashed on mankind by devil in these last days.
IMPORTANCE OF PENTECOST DAY CELEBRATION
- It marks the beginning of the new life that Christians enjoy after the death of Jesus Christ Act 2:1.
- It ushers a new dawn of the manifestation of the seven fold spirit of God that enhances, progress, creativity, innovation, discoveries in all fields of human endeavour.
- It ushers greater evangelism by believers.
- It brings revival in our Spiritual lives.
- Release of power for signs and wonders.
- The threat to peaceful living by the malevolent forces of wickedness in our State and the country can only be overcome by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- The presence of God’s Spirit guarantees a peaceful co-existence among all men.
THE NEED FOR PENTECOST DAY CELEBRATION
- It is time for Christians to speak with one voice on issues that concern the unhindered practice of our FAITH, preservation of our HERITAGE and ADVANCEMENT of God’s kingdom.
- It is time to also call attention to areas where we have not been duly recognised.
- It is time to pray for peace and harmony in our State and Nation; it is time to resist spirits that provoke and promote bloodshed, violence and chaos in our nation.
- It is time to raise down the altar of false gods with heavenly fire; known and unknown.
DECLARE PENTECOST DAY A PUBLIC HOLIDAY
Pentecost Day is a public holiday in many European countries and even some African countries as well. It is the day that is regarded as the ‘birthday of the church’ due to the importance of the role of the Holy Spirit in the Christian faith. The countries that celebrate Pentecost as a public holiday include; Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Switzerland, Ukraine, Sweden and neighbouring countries like Senegal, Benin Republic, and Togo. This is why declaring it as a public holiday in the State of Osun will not be out of place, but will confirm the status of the State as the pacesetter on matters of religion in Nigeria.
JOURNEY SO FAR IN OSUN STATE, NIGERIA
We have held four editions in the last four years (2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 respectively), where Christians from different denominations converged to celebrate the day of HOLY GHOST and also raised an altar of prayer for the State, the citizens and all the people in positions of authority at: Local Government, State and Federal Government. It is important to note that a lot of time was devoted to praying for a smooth transition of power and the then incoming government at the Federal Level, for wisdom to provide competent and effective leadership and good governance.