BEAUTY FOR ASHES
Isaiah 61:1-3, it reads, “The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, because the LORD has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound; to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn; to grant to those who mourn in Zion. To give them a beautiful headdress instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit; that they may be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he may be glorified.”
Tonight’s message is a message of hope, is a message of turnaround in your situation. No matter what you have been passing through, God says He will turn things around in your favour.
Ashes stand for mourning; feeling of sorrow, depression, and sadness over something happened that is tragic. Ashes mean irreversible damage. God says instead of ashes of sorrow, I will give oil of gladness. God will clothe you with the garment of praise tonight in the name of Jesus. God says He will turn things around for you.
SYMBOLS OF ASHES:
- Ashes mean mourning: Esther 4:1, “When Mordecai learned all that had been done, Mordecai tore his clothes and put on sackcloth and ashes, and went out into the midst of the city, and he cried out with a loud and bitter cry.”
- Ashes mean a person or a thing of little or no worth: Genesis 18:27 “Abraham answered and said, “Behold, I have undertaken to speak to the Lord, I who am but dust and ashes.”
- Ashes mean past glory: Where you have been despised, you will be honoured; the stolen glory shall be restored in the name of Jesus.
- Ashes mean remorse for sin: Matthew 11:21 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.
In God, our beauty is guaranteed. God shines with His beauty and He is beautiful in elevation. Psalms 50:2, “Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God shines forth.” Psalms 48:1-2 Great is the LORD and greatly to be praised in the city of our God! His holy mountain. Beautiful in elevation, is the joy of all the earth, Mount Zion, in the far north, the city of the great King.
Examples of those who experienced ashes in the Bible include David 1 Samuel 30:1-20. Job was also at the center of experiment between God and Satan Job 1:13-22. He lost he had within a day, but God restored him back in Job 42:10-17. Leave your ashes behind, let it go with your pass and beauty is ahead of you.
- Oh Lord, turn my ashes to beauty in the name of Jesus.
- Oh Lord, have mercy upon me, let my season of ashes be over, usher me into the season of beauty now in the name of Jesus.
- Oh Lord, turn my lamentations to jubilations in the name of Jesus.
- Oh God, bring back to life whatever is dead in my life in the name of Jesus.
- O God, resort my lost glory in the name of Jesus.
- Oh Good, give hope to every seemingly helplessness tonight. Hope of fruitfulness, job connection; breakthrough, partner in marriage; partners in business etc. in the name of Jesus.
October 15, 2020
October 10, 2020
September 17, 2020