EVERLASTING JOY IN YOUR FAMILY
Isaiah 35:10 “ And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.” This is the promise of God to the people of Israel who returned from Babylon after they had been redeemed by God and when they were coming, they returned in joy and gladness and not in sorrow and sighing. This is God’s will for every family. The same scripture was repeated in Isaiah 51:11 “Therefore the redeemed of the LORD shall return, and come with singing unto Zion; and everlasting joy [shall be] upon their head: they shall obtain gladness and joy; [and] sorrow and mourning shall flee away.” Believers are God’s redeemed and God wants every family to enjoy everlasting joy in life.
There are two kinds of joy people can experience in life: earthly and everlasting joy. You can experience either earthly or everlasting joy or both together. Earthly joys are joys because of good happenings around you; your successes; your promotion; your breakthroughs in life etc. Such joys oftentimes may not last forever. Earthly joys are joys God channels into our lives because He loves us, but we should never base our joy on them. Such joys sometimes cannot be trusted. It can be joy in the morning and sorrow in the evening. Oftentimes, we labour for earthly joy as if our lives depend on it solely. Those joys are: marriage joy, business joy, academics joy etc. If earthly joys are received within God they last, but any joy outside God will not last forever. However, the joy God wants to give you is an everlasting joy.
10 definitions of everlasting joy:
- Everlasting joy
- Joy that never dries up: Psalms 46:4-6, John 4:12-13
- It is joy of salvation: It is eternal joy, beyond earthly joy.
- It swallows up sorrow.
- It is joy unspeakable
- It truly satisfies you Isaiah 55:1-2.
- It is generational joy Isaiah 51:1-3.
- It is joy that earthly wealth, riches and wisdom cannot procure Ecclesiastes 2:1-11.
- The joy of the Lord Nehemiah 8:10.
- The joy of salvation Psalms 51:12.
- Oh Lord, I thank You for the gift of life, joy of good health, joy of breakthrough, joy of academic success etc. in the name of Jesus.
- Oh Lord, let salvation enter into my household, both nuclear and extended family in the name of Jesus.
- Oh Lord, visit my household, let there be restoration of all the good things we have lost in the name of Jesus.
- All forces that want to hurt my family shall fail in the name of Jesus.
- The joyful events and celebrations that enemies say will not be our portion; we receive all now in the name of Jesus.
Watch video of the message
Special Miracle Service. Ministering: Pastor Yinka Ilupeju. Title: EVERLASTING JOY IN YOUR FAMILY
Posted by Victory Life Tv on Wednesday, 1 August 2018
January 13, 2021
December 10, 2020
December 03, 2020