BREAKING OFF FROM THE OLD
Word of Prophecy:
Something new is about to happen to you in Jesus’ name. You will break a new ground in all your life’s endeavours in Jesus’ name.
Isaiah 43:18-19, “Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.” Philippians 3:13-14, “13Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but [this] one thing [I do], forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”
- Remember not the former things,
- Consider not the things of old,
- Forgetting those things which are behind,
- Reaching forth unto those things which are before,
- Pressing towards the mark for the prize.
If you want a new thing to happen in your life, you must break off from the old! There is a way things had been before. Either you created them or you found them so; either because of your actions or inactions. Now you will need to break off from the past in order to see a new thing.
2 Corinthian 5:17, “Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”
You must allow the past to pass. You have to be deliberate about it. Some people are in 2021 in calendar, but in their mind they are still in 1967. New wine must be put in the new wine skin. Jesus said if you bring new wine into old wine skin, it will burst and waste away. When you are trying to do something new in an old structure, the structure cannot contain it. You need to rebrand yourself. You need to restructure, reorganize, re-invent in order to see a new thing.
New things are here, but are you ready for a new thing? I see new things happening in your life in the name of Jesus. You must have a new look. You must change your conduct. You must change your perspective about life.
Matthew 9:9-17, “And as Jesus passed forth from thence, he saw a man, named Matthew, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he saith unto him, Follow me. And he arose, and followed him……..16 No man putteth a piece of new cloth unto an old garment, for that which is put in to fill it up taketh from the garment, and the rent is made worse. 17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.” Acts 10:11-16. You need to change in order to fit in to the next level you are going. You must change your outlook; you must change your approach to life etc.
What you must break off from:
- Break off from tradition: It includes culture of the environment. It includes what you have been used to that is not beneficial. You need to quit from some things in life. Tradition can nullify the word of God Matthew 15:3, “But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?” Anywhere tradition contradicts the word of God, you drop the tradition. Matthew 15:6, “And honour not his father or his mother, [he shall be free]. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.”
- The Status quo. We do not query why, we just follow the same path.
- Father, let a new me emerge today in the name of Jesus.
- I will break a new ground in the name of Jesus.
- Oh God of special miracles, perform a special miracle in my life, let me break a new ground in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I refuse to allow the tradition to keep me down, the status quo will not limit me in life in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I am breaking off from customs and traditions; status quo, family traditions, habit, a new me is emerging in the name of Jesus.
Download Audio of the message
March 04, 2021
February 25, 2021
February 19, 2021