THE GUIDING POWER IN THE WORD OF GOD
Download Audio of the message
Ministering: Pastor Sola Ogunwuyi
Title: THE GUIDING POWER IN THE WORD OF GOD
Hebrew 4:12, “For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”
Every day we do make choices, starting from the cloth to wear, the shoe to wear, the car to take out etc. God will guide our steps in life in the name of Jesus. The choice we made yesterday determines what is happening to us today. Henceforth, you will make the right choices in the name of Jesus. The God’s word has capacity to guide us in our choices. John 1:1-3, “1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2The same was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made.” John 1:14, “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”
THE CHARACTERISTICS OF GOD’S WORD
- The word of God has creative power.
- The word of God is pure Psalms 119:140, “Thy word [is] very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it.”
- The word of God has power to break down into pieces Jeremiah 23:29, “[Is] not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer [that] breaketh the rock in pieces?”
- The word of God is Spirit and life 1 Peter 2:2, “As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:”
- The word of God travels like speed of light Hebrew 4:12, “For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”
The word of God has been customized for every one of us. God has a special word for you, to lead you on daily basis. You will not miss your word in the name of Jesus. Genesis 12:1, “Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee:” Genesis 26:1-2, “1And there was a famine in the land, beside the first famine that was in the days of Abraham. And Isaac went unto Abimelech king of the Philistines unto Gerar. 2And the LORD appeared unto him, and said, Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of:”
God told Abraham to depart from his kindred, but He told his son (Isaac) not to go down to Egypt. You cannot use the life of your parent for your own template, it cannot work. God will guide you right in the name of Jesus.
HOW TO UNDERSTAND THE WORD OF GOD?
- You see the word with zeal Proverbs 2:3-5, “3Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, [and] liftest up thy voice for understanding; 4If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as [for] hid treasures; 5Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.”
- You need to ask Matthew 7:7, “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:” Ephesians 1:16-17,16Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers; 17That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
- You meditate on the word of God Psalms 119:99, “I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies [are] my meditation.”
- You receive the word with faith.
- You obey the word of God.
Daniel was guided by the word of God Daniel 9:1-9. Daniel understood by book the number of the years they should spend in captivity. As you read the word of God, you will understand some mysteries about your family in the name of Jesus. Daniel had the revelation in Jeremiah 29:10, “For thus saith the LORD, That after seventy years be accomplished at Babylon I will visit you, and perform my good word toward you, in causing you to return to this place.” Jeremiah 29:11-12, “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. 12Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.”
Ecclesiastes 3:1, “To every [thing there is] a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:” It is time for you to be lifted in Jesus’ name. Psalms 30:5, “For his anger [endureth but] a moment; in his favour [is] life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy [cometh] in the morning.”
Psalms 84:7, “They go from strength to strength, [every one of them] in Zion appeareth before God.”
When you are not reading the Bible, you are cheating yourself. When you read the word of God, you will have revelations. Deuteronomy 29:29, “The secret [things belong] unto the LORD our God: but those [things which are] revealed [belong] unto us and to our children forever, that [we] may do all the words of this law.”
You are in charge of your life. Do not commit your life into the hands of mediocre.
James 5:13-14, “Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.14Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:” Psalms 53:5, “There were they in great fear, [where] no fear was: for God hath scattered the bones of him that encampeth [against] thee: thou hast put [them] to shame, because God hath despised them.” Exodus 16:17-18, “17And the children of Israel did so, and gathered, some more, some less. 18And when they did mete [it] with an omer, he that gathered much had nothing over, and he that gathered little had no lack; they gathered every man according to his eating.”
Romans 9:28, “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose.”
- Oh Lord, we thank You, for the guiding power in Your word in Jesus’ name.
- Every evil that has been spoken into my generation, I curse the word to expire today in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus, blood of mercy, speak into my foundation in the name of Jesus.
- Psalms 37:23, “The steps of a [good] man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.” Lord, every wrong path I have taken in life, I receive grace and mercy to be corrected tonight in the name Jesus.
- Oh Lord, help me to take error free steps, right step in the right direction by the Spirit of the Lord, the power of the Lord and the word of the Lord in the name of Jesus.
SPECIAL MIRACLE SERVICE || 14th_JUNE, 2021!
THE GUIDING POWER IN THE WORD OF GOD || PASTOR SOLA OGUNWUYI
Posted by Victory Chapel State hqtrs, Osogbo on Monday, 14 June 2021
OPERATION CAST THEM OUT II
May 24, 2023
OPERATION DRIVE THEM OUT
May 19, 2023
PASSION FOR MIRACLE
May 12, 2023