WHAT SUCCESSFUL LEADERS DO
Anchor verse: 2 Peter 1:10, “Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
Successful leaders exhibit a variety of qualities and behaviors that contribute to their success.
Bible examples of some successful leaders and the qualities they exhibit:
- Moses: Hosea12:13, “And by a prophet the LORD brought Israel out of Egypt, and by a prophet was he preserved.” Moses is known for his leadership during the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt. He exhibited qualities such as courage, faith, and perseverance. He had a clear vision of freeing his people. He communicated with confidence, and made decisive decisions based on his strong connection with god.
- David: Isaiah 55:4, “Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people.” King David was a successful leader who demonstrated qualities such as bravery, humility, and trust in God. His story shows the importance of having a strong character and being able to overcome challenges, as he courageously faced goliath and later showed mercy to King Saul, despite Saul’s attempts to harm him.
- Nehemiah: Nehemiah 2:20, “Then answered I them, and said unto them, The God of heaven, he will prosper us; therefore we his servants will arise and build: but ye have no portion, nor right, nor memorial, in Jerusalem.” Nehemiah was a leader who demonstrated effective communication, strategic thinking, and determination. He successfully led the rebuilding of the walls of Jerusalem by rallying the people, organizing their efforts, and persevering despite opposition and challenges.
- Esther: Esther 4:16, “Go, gather together all the Jews that are present in Shushan, and fast ye for me, and neither eat nor drink three days, night or day: I also and my maidens will fast likewise; and so will I go in unto the king, which is not according to the law: and if I perish, I perish.” Queen Esther exhibited courage, intelligence, and a willingness to take risks for the well-being of her people. She used her position of influence to save the Jewish people from a plot to exterminate them, demonstrating the importance of using leadership for the greater good.
- Jesus: John15:13, “Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.” Jesus is the ultimate example of a servant leader. He exhibited qualities such as love; compassion and selflessness. Jesus Christ taught His disciples through His actions and conveyed the importance of humility and serving others.
KEY TRAITS AND ACTIONS THAT SUCCESSFUL LEADERS OFTEN POSSESS:
- Visionary: Successful leaders a clear vision for the future and can articulate it to their team. They set ambitious goals and inspire others to work towards them.
- Effective communication: They communicate their ideas and expectations clearly and effectively. They listen actively to others encourage open dialogue, and provide feedback to ensure alignment and understanding.
- Decisiveness: Successful leaders are able to make timely and informed decisions. They gather relevant information, consider different perspectives, and take decisive actions while considering the potential risks and benefits.
- Emotional Intelligence: They understand and manage their own emotions and are empathetic towards others. They build strong relationships with their team members, foster a positive work environment, and motivate and support their team.
- Adaptability: Successful leaders are able to adapt to changing circumstances and embrace innovation. They are open to new ideas and are willing to take calculated risks to drive progress.
- Accountability: They take responsibility for their actions and decisions. They hold themselves and their team members accountable for meeting goals and objectives, and they learn from mistakes and make course corrections when needed.
- Collaboration: Successful leaders collaborate with others and build strong teams. They value diverse perspectives and encourage a culture of collaboration and cooperation to achieve collective success.
- Continuous learning: They have a grown mindset and are committed to personal and professional development. They seek out learning opportunities, stay updated with industry mends, and encourage a culture of learning in their organization.
- Integrity: Successful leaders act with integrity and lead by example. They are honest, ethical, and transparent in their actions earning the trust and respect of their team members
- Resilience: They demonstrate resilience in the face of challenges and setbacks. They remain optimistic, persevere through difficulties. And motivate their team to overcome obstacles
- Ask God to give you the qualities that will make you a successful leader.
February 14, 2024
February 14, 2024
February 14, 2024